Edward Christopher Sheeran or Ed sheeran is an English singer-songwriter. Ed was born in Halifax, West Yorkshire but moved to Framlingham, Suffolk as a child and he moved to London in 2008 to pursue a musical career.
In early 2011,he released an independent extended play called “No. 5 Collaborations Project”, which caught the attention of Elton John and Jamie Foxx. Then he signed to Asylum Records (an American record label).
His 2011 debut album “+” containing the singles “The A Team” and “Lego House” that was certified quintuple platinum in the United Kingdom.
In 2012, he won two BRIT Awards for Best British Male and British Breakthrough. “The A Team” won the Ivor Novello Award for Best Song musically and lyrically. “The A Team” was nominated for Song of the Year at the 2013 Grammy Awards and he performed the song in duet with Elton John during the ceremony.He spent much of 2013 touring North America as the opening act for Taylor Swift’s Red Tour.
So, this is 5 reasons why I love Ed Sheeran
1. He’s Charitable His hit song “The A Team” was actually written about an experience he had during his time spent volunteering at a homeless shelter for single people in the UK. “Anyone who’s in a privileged position should always give back and I happen to be in my privileged position through a song that I wrote, off the back of doing some work for Crisis, so I have to give back double I think,” he told
2. Because he’s humble “Still can’t quit get my head the fact that this sold out.” Ed said when the ticket of his concert at Medison square sold out in 3 hours
3. Family Oriented In many interviews, Sheeran has expressed that his family is his number one priority. “The most important thing in life is your family… You can have everything, but as long as you focus in on your family at the end of it all then it will all work out,” he stated in an interview with the Artists Den.
4. The Music His songs are beautiful and meaningful. Ed recordings and songwriting skills are on point. He’s write songs for Taylor Swift and One Direction too.
5. Down to Earth Based on his interviews and his twitter account, this seems to be true. His attitude is always friendly, fun and not arrogant at all. He seems to enjoy the simple things in life, tweeting about watching Game of Thrones and chowing down on chicken from Nando’s.