Summary : John's jokes rang from OK to Terrible!
After your write a normal blog entry/post (see How To Write & Publish Posts) you may wish to do a fancy review-type post. If so, there are a couple of steps you need to do in addition to the usual ones for a standard blog entry (post).
- New Post: First, start the new post as you normally would by going to your WordPress dashboard (left side menu) and clicking on POST >> NEW.
- Choose Category(s): As always, choose the appropriate CATEGORY (right side menu) for this new post. For a review post, you may wish to choose REVIEWS as the category, but you can also choose JOHN’S STUDENT BLOGS if you wish. While you can choose more than once category, usually you should pick just one unless you have a good reason for picking more.
- Choose Review Options: After you click the category type, go to the REVIEW POST OPTIONS (middle menu a little bit down the page) to customize your post. Here you can chose:
- REVIEW BOX POSITION: chose where to place the review box (top, bottom, etc. ) I think the Top position looks better.
- REVIEW STYLE: chose what style of evaluation you want (stars or %, etc)
- REVIEW SUMMARY: type in a sentence or two that summarizes your review
- TEXT APPEARS UNDER SCORE TITLE: write a one or two word synonym for your review score, such as “Great” or “OMG!” or “Terrible” etc…
- REVIEW CRITERIA: Click on the green box to add 1 or more specific criteria you are using to evaluate (taste, price, etc). These individual scores will be averaged automatically to produce an overall score when the post is published.
- Score It: Move the slider under each review criteria to represent your score. This score will be automatically converted to stars etc when its published.
4. Write the Full Review: Finally, go back to the top main writing area (where you input/write /edit all your sentences) and write your full review in paragraph form (it does NOT have to be the same organization as an essay, but your main idea (overall evaluation) should be clearly stated and supported by your criteria. To this end, I suggest you write this full review after you set the individual evaluation scores (sliders) so that your words match your evaluation scores better.
5. Add Media: Add a feature picture, video, song clip, internet link, etc, if you wish to make the post more engaging for the reader.